This class is currently full. If you register, you will be waitlisted.
By popular demand an “advanced” version (Level 2) of the FXRGC AR Basics has been developed. Building off the basic fundamentals and principals taught in the Level 1 class, students will now have the opportunity to learn the following:
- Sling assisted shooting
- Transitioning to and support hand shooting
- Shooting with the aid of barricades and cover
- Understanding and employing optic offset
- Transitioning to a sidearm
By using the Bowl at Culver, each bay will be set up to emphasize a certain skill and the students will employ said skill to negotiate the course of fire. As always safety will be paramount and careful consideration will be paid to location of targets/berm areas. There will be NO moving while simultaneously shooting and this class will focus on smoothness/consistency over speed.
Students are required to have the following minimum gear:
- Basic range safety equipment (eyes and ears (electronic helpful))
- Basic clothing for the weather (we will be outdoor on Culver for the range session)
- 200-300 rounds of commercial manufacture .223 Remington or 5.56 mm NATO ammunition
- Functional AR-15 pattern rifle, including:
- chambered in .223 Remington or 5.56 NATO only
- iron sights or optic (red dot or 1-x magnified scope)
- rifle sling: 2-point or 1-point sling only; no 'parade' slings
- 3-4 20 or 30 round magazines
- 1-2 magazine carriers (belt or chest, optional)
- Rifle Chamber Flag
- Functional Pistol, including:
- Strong Side Outside Waistband (OWB) Holster
- 50-100 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Water, snacks, bag lunch
Class Prerequisite: You must have either attended the FXRGC Level 1 AR Class, or be current/former military or law enforcement. Registering for the class via the form below does not guarantee you a slot in the class. All applications will be reviewed and you will be notified appon acceptance into the class.
Class will be conducted on May 24, 2020, from 9 am to 5 pm. Class is open to Club members and their guests. Club members will get priority over guests. Class will be held rain or shine. Cost for the class is $50 and covers Club fees, consumables, staff, and RSO support. There is no classroom portion for this class - range time only.
Course is sponsored by the Club Education Committee.
Please direct any questions regarding the course to Tony Moller at email@example.com
Fill out the registration form below to register: